Application Deadline noon Friday, February 4, 2022.
Under the Section 5310 program, the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) provides federal funds for activities including the purchase of equipment to support transportation services for the elderly and people with disabilities where existing transportation is unavailable, inappropriate or insufficient. OKI is making available $850,000 with no local match requirement based on funding authorization under the Fixing America’s Surface Transportation Act (FAST) and the Consolidated Appropriations Act, 2022. Additional funding apportionments are anticipated from the Federal Transit Administration (FTA) in 2022 and will also be made available to OKI subrecipient applicants. With additional apportionments, FTA provides 80% of the cost of capital items; the remaining 20% must be provided by local funding, which may include funding from other federal programs other than U.S. Department of Transportation (DOT) programs or from DOT’s Federal lands highway Program.
OKI, as the Designated Recipient of the Section 5310 federal funds in the Cincinnati urbanized area, is responsible for managing the program for agencies located in Butler, Clermont, Hamilton and Warren counties in Southwest Ohio; Boone, Campbell and Kenton counties in Northern Kentucky and Dearborn County in Southeast Indiana.
Private nonprofit (501(c) (3)) corporations, public bodies identified by their state as lead agencies in a coordination project, or public bodies which certify that no private nonprofit corporations exist within their jurisdiction for the provision of elderly and disabled transportation are eligible to apply for Section 5310 federal funds.
For more information, please contact Travis Miller at email@example.com.